The EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program offers “conditional,” two-year residency (green card) to a qualifying investor (and his or her family members) who invests at least $1 million (or $500,000 in targeted employment areas) in a business that creates or saves at least ten full-time permanent jobs for American workers. After two years, if the investment and job-creation requirements of the program have been satisfied, the investor may apply for “unconditional” permanent residency.
The EB-5 regulations provide a special provision for “Regional Centers.” A Regional Center is a private enterprise, corporation, or regional governmental agency that offers a targeted investment program within a defined geographic region. One of the major benefits of the Regional Center program is that USCIS pre-approves a job-creation methodology through economic forecasting. As a result, flexible, passive investment opportunities can be created for a pool of immigrant investors through the creation of limited partnerships.
For more information, please visit the following web sites:
Benefits of U.S. Permanent Residency
- Start a new life or career in the United States.
- Start your own business venture anywhere in the United States.
- Live, work, or retire in any location in the United States.
- Be protected by all laws of the United States, your state of residence, and local jurisdictions.
- Travel outside the United States and return without a visa.
- Send children at no cost to any public elementary, middle, or high school.
Eligibility for U.S. citizenship within 5 years.